History of the Association
The Swayne-Campbell-Testa Post No. 5467 was organized and installed Feburary 7, 1946, by The Department of Pennsylvania. The first Post Meetings were held at Spanos Restaurant, Old Kennett Hotel and The American Legion Building. In 1949 Post 5467 purchased the Phil Wagner property on West State Street in Kennett Square, Pa. with the help from Members (Regular and Social). The Post was remodeled and added to the building , paved the parking area, built a Memorial and recovered from the flood in 2003.
Over the years the Post has been active in various community projects such as, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Little League Baseball, Scholarships and Awards for our local schools, Voice of Democracy and Patriots Pen Programs, Buddy Poppy Programs, Kennett Square Memorial Day Observance, Veterans Day Activities, Bikers for Veterans Fund Raiser and many more sponsored programs.